"For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong." ~ H. L. Mencken
Areas of Practice
Honors and Awards
- U.S. District Court, Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, W.D. Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- Hamline University School of Law, J.D.
- Law Review: Hamline Law Review, Managing Editor
- Dean's List
- CALI Award: Legal Research and Writing
- Department Award: Best Appellate Brief in First Year Law School Class
- Calvin College, B.A., English
Matthew Schaap is a shareholder with the firm. He regularly assists clients with a variety of personal and business litigation matters.
In addition to his civil jury trial and appellate experience, Matthew has successfully represented the firm's clients at numerous mediations, arbitrations, court trials and motion hearings. He has been recognized in Minnesota Law and Politics as a top young attorney and was named to the Minnesota Rising Stars® List from 2007 - 2015.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of Governing Council, Civil Litigation Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Dakota County Bar Association
- Hon. Elizabeth A. Hayden, Minnesota's Seventh Judicial District, Judicial Law Clerk
- Co-Chair, Apple Valley Chamber of Commerce NextLeaders
- Secretary, Community Dental Care
- Community Dental Care is a Minnesota non-profit consisting of 34 dentists who serve patients from clinics in St. Paul, Maplewood, Robbinsdale and Rochester, Minnesota.
- Community Dental Care is a recipient of the Charities Review Council "Meets Standards" seal based on satisfaction of 27 standards of accountability.
- Treasurer, Apple Valley Chamber of Commerce
- President, Rotary Club of Rosemount,Minnesota
- Richard T. Oakes American Inn of Court