Steve joined the firm in 2001 after working for an international telecommunications consulting company. Currently, he practices primarily in the areas of real estate, corporate, and business transactions and municipal law. He regularly represents developers, builders, corporations, small and mid-sized businesses, and investors in various real estate and commercial transactions. Steve regularly drafts and negotiates general business contracts, asset purchase agreements, leases, and various other commercial agreements. He is also frequently involved in development and construction matters and commercial lending transactions. In addition to being a strong advocate for his clients' interests, Steve uses his business background and experience to advise and assist his clients in making sound business and legal decisions.
Steve received his undergraduate degree from Dordt College, and his law degree, with honors, from the University of Minnesota Law School. He is admitted to practice in the State of Minnesota and the State of Missouri. Steve has also been certified as a Real Property Law Specialist by the Minnesota State Bar Association.
When not representing his clients, Steve enjoys spending time with his family and participating in recreational sports, including golf, softball and basketball. Steve also enjoys real estate investing and remains actively involved in his church and the local community.
Certified Legal Specialties
- Real Property Law Specialist, Minnesota State Bar Association
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Wagner Labor Law Moot Court
- Dordt College, B.A., Communication and Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member, Real Property Law Section
- Dakota County Bar Association, Member
- Missouri State Bar Association, Member
- First Judicial District Ethics Committee, Member
- Apple Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Northern Dakota County Chamber of Commerce
- Faith Christian Reformed Church, Council President, Past Treasurer
- Kids n' Kinship, Past Board Member
- Bethany Christian Services, Board Member