“Fight for the things you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Areas Of Practice
Honors and Awards
- Minnesota Rising Stars List 2021-2022
- U.S. District Court, N.D. Iowa
- U.S. District Court, S.D. Iowa
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Minnesota
- University of Iowa College of Law
- Iowa Law School Foundation Merit Scholar
- Journal of Gender, Race and Justice, Articles Editor (2010-2011)
- Van Oosterhout-Baskerville Moot Court Quarterfinalist (2011)
- Iowa State University
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Psychology
Cassie Wolfgram is an associate attorney with the firm. She regularly assists clients with a variety of personal and business litigation matters.
Cassie graduated from Iowa State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology before attending law school at the University of Iowa College of Law. During law school, Cassie was an Iowa Law School Foundation Merit Scholar and served as an Articles Editor for the Journal of Gender, Race and Justice. She was also a quarterfinalist in the Van Oosterhout-Baskerville Moot Court Competition during law school.
After law school, Cassie began her career in private practice in Iowa before moving to Minnesota in 2018. Cassie’s diverse litigation background includes extensive experience in all aspects of both civil and criminal litigation. She has extensive experience with discovery and motion practice. She has also tried numerous cases to jury verdict and argued multiple cases to the Court of Appeals.
At Dougherty Molenda, Cassie assists clients in a wide variety of litigation matters, including the following:
- Budny v. MemberSelect Ins. Co., 895 N.W.2d 923 (Iowa Ct. App. 2017)
- Nibeck v. Cirkl, 16-CV-114-LRR, 2018 WL 522779, at *1 (N.D. Iowa Jan. 23, 2018), aff’d sub nom. Nibeck v. Marion Police Dep’t, 770 Fed. Appx. 304 (8th Cir. 2019)
- Neuman v. Iowa, 701 Fed. Appx. 530, 531 (8th Cir. 2017).
- State v. Abrahamson, 2019 WL 5885083, A19-0079 (Minn. Ct. App. 2019), rev. denied.
- State v. McReynolds, 2021 WL 3611376, A20-1435 (Minn. Ct. Appl. 2021), rev. granted.
- State v. Troyer, 2021 WL 1846820, A20-0832 (Minn. Ct. App. 2021), rev. denied.
- Swearingen v. Carle, 286 F. Supp. 3d 1014 (S.D. Iowa 2017), aff’d sub nom. Swearingen v. Judd, 930 F.3d 983 (8th Cir. 2019).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Dakota County Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- MENSA International
- Apple Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Dakota Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Feed My Starving Children (Regular Volunteer)