“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.” ~ Aristotle
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Criminal Prosecution
Honors and Awards
- Rising Stars List, 2008-2014
- Super Lawyers List, 2015-2020
- Named 2011 Up and Coming Attorney by Minnesota Lawyer
- Recognized by MN Supreme Court as exemplary Pro Bono Attorney
- Minnesota, 2000
Christine Cassellius has resided in Dakota County with her family since 2003. Christine is an Assistant City of Apple Valley Attorney working extensively in criminal prosecution matters. Christine represents the City of Apple Valley in criminal court on a weekly basis. She has represented the City in many jury trials, has drafted several Memoranda to the Court of Appeals, and has argued many cases to the Court of Appeals on behalf of the City of Apple Valley.
Christine also works in the private sector in family law. In her family law practice, she represents clients in marriage dissolutions, custody proceedings, child support proceedings, adoptions property division, paternity matters and spousal maintenance proceedings. Many of her cases involve high conflict custody and parenting time disputes.
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- University of Minnesota-Duluth, Duluth, Minnesota
- B.A. - 1996
- Major: Criminology
- Major: Sociology
- State v. Brooks, Minn. App. Unpub. LEXIS 615, 2010, Minn. Ct. App.
- State v. Ford, Minn. App. Unpub. LEXIS 325, 2010, Minn. Ct. App.
- Kerr v. Kerr, 770 N.W. 2d 567, 2009, Minn. Ct. App.
- Wisness v. Wisness, 2009 Minn. App. Unpub. LEXIS 234, 2009, Minn. App.
- Tweeton v. State, 2007 Minn. App. Unpub. LEXIS 593, review denied 2007 Minn. LEXIS 490, 2007, Minn. App.
- State v. Demars, 2005 Minn. App. LEXIS 23, 2005, Minn. App.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association Assembly, Member 2010 - 2012
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Voting Delegate, 2010 - 2012
- Honorable Harry Crump, Fourth Judicial District, Judicial Clerk, 2000 to 2002
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer Attorney Legal Assistance Dakota County, 2009 to Present
- Board of Directors Legal Assistance Dakota County, 2011 to 2014
- H.S. Booster Club, President, 2019 – Present
- Elementary School PTO, President, 2012-2014
- Eagan Foundation, Board of Directors, 2005 – 2007
- Apple Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Member of Local Catholic Church