“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.” ~ Aristotle
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Criminal Prosecution
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyer
- Rising Stars List, a designation given to only 2.5 percent of Minnesota attorneys each year
- 2011 Up and Coming Attorney
- BV Peer Review Rating, the highest rating awarded by Lexis-Nexis Martindale-Hubbell to attorneys admitted to the bar from 5-9 years
- Nominated by Legal Assistance of Dakota County, Ltd. and recognized by the Minnesota Supreme Court for her significant contributions to serving the legal needs of low-income clients in Dakota County
- Minnesota, 2000
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- University of Minnesota-Duluth, Duluth, Minnesota
- B.A. – 1996
- Major: Criminology
- Major: Sociology
Christine has resided in Dakota County with her family since 2003. Christine is an Assistant City of Apple Valley Attorney working extensively in criminal prosecution matters. Christine represents the City of Apple Valley in criminal court on a weekly basis. She has represented the City in many jury trials, has drafted several Memoranda to the Court of Appeals, and has argued many cases to the Court of Appeals on behalf of the City of Apple Valley.
Christine also works in the private sector in family law. In her family law practice, she represents clients in marriage dissolutions, custody proceedings, child support proceedings, adoptions property division, paternity matters and spousal maintenance proceedings.
When Christine is not running after her two children, she enjoys gardening, cooking and reading.
- State v. Brooks, Minn. App. Unpub. LEXIS 615, 2010, Minn. Ct. App.
- State v. Ford, Minn. App. Unpub. LEXIS 325, 2010, Minn. Ct. App.
- Kerr v. Kerr, 770 N.W. 2d 567, 2009, Minn. Ct. App.
- Wisness v. Wisness, 2009 Minn. App. Unpub. LEXIS 234, 2009, Minn. App.
- Tweeton v. State, 2007 Minn. App. Unpub. LEXIS 593, review denied 2007 Minn. LEXIS 490, 2007, Minn. App.
- State v. Demars, 2005 Minn. App. LEXIS 23, 2005, Minn. App.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association Assembly, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Voting Delegate, 2010 to 2012
- Eagan Foundation, Board of Directors, 2005 to 2007
- Apple Valley Chamber of Commerce, Active Member
- St. John Neumann Church, Member
- Honorable Harry Crump, Fourth Judicial District, Judicial Clerk, 2000 to 2002
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer Attorney Legal Assistance Dakota County, 2009 to 2009
- Board of Directors Legal Assistance Dakota County, 2011 to 2011