“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.” ~ Steve Jobs
Areas Of Practice
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers: Rising Stars
- Dean's Award: Lawyering Skills
- MN Up & Coming Attorney, 2015
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. -2006
- Honors: Dean’s Award: Top grade in Lawyering Skills
- Honors: Faculty Search Committee
- Honors: Finance Committee
- Luther College, Decorah, Iowa
- B.A. – 2000
- Major: Biology
Ryan is a shareholder with Dougherty, Molenda, Solfest, Hills & Bauer P.A. Ryan's practice is divided between assisting clients with family law matters and serving as an assistant city attorney for a number of south metro municipalities. Ryan's municipal law practice includes representing municipalities in both criminal prosecution and civil matters.
In 2014 and 2015, Ryan was listed as a Rising Star in Minnesota SuperLawyers Magazine. In 2015, Ryan was recognized as a 2015 Up & Coming Attorney by Minnesota Lawyer, Minnesota's premier legal newspaper.
- State v. Latham, A11-1930, 2012 WL 3792209 (Minn. Ct. App. Sept. 4, 2012).
- State v. Latham, A11-1930, 2014 WL 6608785 (Minn. Ct. App. Nov. 24, 2014)
- Suleski v. Rupe, 855 N.W.2d 330 (Minn. Ct. App. 2014) (affirming favorable custody and parenting time post-decree order obtained in district court).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Dakota County Bar Association, Member
- First Judicial District Bar Association, Member, Secretary/Treasurer (2014-15) and Vice President (2015-16)
- Apple Valley Chamber of Commerce