“Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.” ~ Vince Lombardi
Areas Of Practice
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers, Family Law and Municipal Law
- Community Peace Award: contributions for addressing domestic violence issues
- Previously named Prosecutor of the Year, B. Robert Lewis House
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. – 1989
- University of Wisconsin–Platteville, Platteville, Wisconsin
- B.S. – 1986
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Criminal Justice
Sharon K. Hills is a shareholder with Dougherty, Molenda, Solfest, Hills & Bauer P.A. Sharon has been with the firm for over 30 years, practicing primarily in the area of family law. Sharon handles various types of family law matters, including divorce, custody, child support, spousal maintenance, modification of custody, support and maintenance matters, and prenuptial agreements. Sharon has also represented numerous clients in cases involving division of property interests between cohabitating partners. During her many years with the firm, Sharon has successfully argued and defended many cases before the Minnesota Court of Appeals and the Minnesota Supreme Court. Sharon is a leading family law attorney in Dakota County and has been named to the Super Lawyers® list by her peers in the Minnesota bar annually since 2014.
In addition to her family law practice, Sharon practices regularly in the area of municipal law, providing representation to the Cities of Apple Valley and Eagan. This representation involves land use issues, city code enforcement and violation prosecution, and city ordinance enforcement and drafting.
When not practicing law and representing her clients, Sharon enjoys gardening, fly fishing and hunting for Lake Superior agates.
- Ethical Lapses: What Went Wrong & Why?, Clarion Legal, 2012 to 2012
- Beyond the Rules: Common Ethical Dilemma, Clairon Legal, 2007 to 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Dakota County Bar Association, Member
- First District Ethics Committee , Member Investigator, 2007 to Present