Executive Compensation Agreements
Executive compensation agreements are often negotiated at a higher level than typical employment contracts. This is because executive-level employees often command more negotiating power than typical employees.
Executive compensation agreements vary significantly. They include elements that are industry-specific and often vary based on the size of the company involved and whether the position is for-profit or non-profit. Frequently included provisions include the following:
- Position of employment
- Term of employment
- Compensation and benefits
- Duties and performance
- Termination of employment and definitions of cause, disability and incapacity for purposes of termination decisions
- Tax issues
- Indemnification and D&O insurance
- Non-competition terms
- Expenses and reimbursement
- General provisions and choice of laws clauses
To learn more about the executive compensation agreements we prepare for our Minnesota clients, please contact us online or call us at 952-432-3136.