Common Interest Communities | Homeowners’ Associations
The attorneys at Dougherty, Molenda, Solfest, Hills & Bauer, P.A. draw on their experience in the areas of real estate, corporate and municipal law, civil litigation and alternative dispute resolution to provide practical and effective solutions for the broad range of issues that arise when representing common interest communities (“CICs”) and homeowners’ association. The Firm’s attorneys have experience with commercial and residential CICs, planned developments (townhouses), condominiums, master-planned communities, residential/golf course developments, senior condominiums, and conversion of multi-unit buildings to condominiums or townhouses.
Our attorneys regularly assist developers, property managers, homeowners’ associations and families with all types of CIC matters, including the following:
- Drafting CIC governing documents for developers
- Reviewing CIC governing documents for municipalities
- Interpreting and amending CIC governing documents for homeowners’ associations
- General management and governance
- Construction defects and warranties
- Enforcement of covenants and rules
- MCIOA Amendments in a Nutshell, Minnesota Community Living, May/Jun. 2010. Read the Article
- In the Hot Seat: Making Board Decisions, Minnesota Community Living, Jan./Feb. 2010. Read the Article
- “Top 10” Annual Checklist for Homeowners’ Associations, Minnesota Community Living, Mar./Apr. 2008. Read the Article
- Collecting Assessments in Hard Times, Minnesota Community Living, Jul./Aug. 2008. Read the Article
Please contact us to learn more about the legal services we provide with respect to Common Interest Communities.