“Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds.” Gordon B. Hinckley
Areas Of Practice
- Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law
- Honors: CALI Award (highest grade): Income Tax; Feminist Jurisprudence
- Honors: Awarded Herff Presidential Scholarship (full tuition)
- Honors: Associate Justice, Moot Court Executive Board
- Honors: Top Oral Advocate, Advanced Moot Court Competition;
- Honors: Winner, Mock Trial Competition;
- Honors: CourtCall Award for Oral Advocacy
- Honors: Winner, Region VII of the National Moot Court Competition of the NYC Bar Association
- Brigham Young University
- B.A., Music Composition
Steve Liening assists clients with many different litigation issues and legal disputes.
Steve began his career as a Cryptologic Linguist for the U.S. Army after receiving his Bachelor’s Degree from Brigham Young University. He is a combat veteran and received an Associate’s Degree in Arabic from the U.S. Defense Language Institute. Steve is fluent in a number of languages, including German and Arabic.
After graduating from law school with a number of accolades, including receiving the highest grade in a number of his classes, Steve began his preparation for a career in litigation by serving as a law clerk for a judge. As a law clerk, he performed legal research, drafted judicial orders, and recommended legal decisions. Steve frequently uses this experience when representing clients.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Civil Litigation Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Dakota County Bar Association
- Shelby County Chancery Court, Tennessee
- Apple Valley Chamber of Commerce